How We Work
SIMPLE & EFFICIENT
- Each Member commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less.
- Any member who has signed a commitment form and who is current with her donations may nominate an organization for consideration at a meeting.
- The nominating members of three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has signed a commitment form and who is current with her donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will write a cheque for $100 to the organization receiving the most votes.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to give her cheque to another Member to deliver on her behalf.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Niagara Region and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- A successful organization is not eligible for at least three years.
- Ties will be decided by further votes. If a tie persists, the membership will vote to either (1) randomly select one of the tied organizations by draw; or (2) divide the group donation equally between the tied organizations.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.